We are recruiting apprentices now:
Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People’s WorkforceLevel 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator)
We are looking to recruit individuals who are self-motivated, have a real passion for childcare and who are caring. At Achievers Day Nursery we are a big family and keen to welcome new members to the team. We are committed to supporting continued professional development and offer team members opportunities throughout the year to further develop their knowledge and also skills. As we are a large nursery, we are also able to provide development opportunities as well as the chance to work in different age groups. All of our appointments to lead roles in the last 18 months have the result of internal promotions.
We pride ourselves on being an independent, private nursery. As such, we are not limited to corporate guidelines or a single way of doing things. Instead, we are able to shape and evolve practice within each of our rooms in a flexible way, giving team members the opportunity to positively contribute to and influence children experiences within the nursery.
The successful apprentice will be keen to undertake their Level 2 with a view to quickly progressing to a Level 3 qualification. As such, apprentices will have a strong interest in working with children and be committed to a career in childcare. Apprentices will be self-driven and self-motivated with a natural ability to be caring and understanding.
Please be advised that we have a strict ‘no smoking’ policy and therefore do not accept candidates who smoke or vape. Furthermore, we have a no jewellery policy for safety reasons and require employees to remove all jewellery whilst working. We also do not permit employees to wear false nails or nail polish.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supporting positive relationships with customers
- Supporting the room to ensure high quality childcare and hygiene standards
- Implement the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum and room planning through the oversee, coordination and participation in activities
- Support the effective implementation of Key Worker system Understand and respect the need for consistency of care for the children, ensuring an inclusive environment
Priorities for the Role
- Excellent standards and attention to detail to care needs
- Proactively ensuring a safe environment
- Ensuring a clean and hygienic environment for all
- Developing knowledge of Early Years Foundation Stage standard and curriculum
- Willingness to contribute to planning and delivery of activities
- Ability to reflect on practice and taking personal responsibility for self-development
- Able to take initiative to predict childcare routines, care needs and initiating activities
- Able to demonstrate effective teamwork, responding cooperatively to instructions, ensuring a positive contribution is offered
- Is agile and timely in making things happen, demonstrating willingness and commitment to work hard, being responsive to changing needs
- Able to prioritise tasks and resources, seeks guidance when necessary, planning ahead and evaluating risks
- Acts with the customer in mind, understanding the importance of effective relationships with customers
Benefits & job details
- Apprentice wage is £4.15 for first 12 months
- 28 days pa annual leave entitlement
- 40/45 hours per week (shift rota to cover 7am to 6pm)
- Discounted childcare (40%)
- Training and development opportunities
- Subsidised staff events
- Pension scheme
Send your CV via email to the address below; with the subject line: APPRENTICE